Role: Senior Reward Business Partner
Organisation: National Physical Laboratory
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location: Teddington (South West London)
- NPL is the UK’s National Measurement Institute providing the measurement expertise that underpins UK prosperity and quality of life. NPL is a world-leading research facility, bringing together scientists and engineers from almost every field to help save lives, protect the environment and enable citizens to feel safe and secure as well as support global trade and innovation.
- NPL has a regional footprint with hubs around the UK, plans for international growth and a state-of-the-art purpose built laboratory in Teddington.
- In line with significant organisational growth and transformation plans, NPL has a clear vision – to be an exemplary National Laboratory that undertakes excellent science and engineering and uses this to deliver extraordinary impact for the UK.
- Exciting opportunity for a seasoned specialist to lead at a strategic level but also ensure a robust and business focussed Reward and Benefits service is delivered.
- Full scope to apply breadth and depth of expert Reward knowledge working collaboratively with both the HR community and the business as a true partner. There is a great opportunity to add immediate value as a specialist and therefore the potential to gain early and sustained credibility across the organisation.
- Bringing expertise and knowledge, there will be an opportunity to develop the Reward offering in order to drive business growth and potential. As such, being a key player in shaping NPL’s success through well-considered reward practices and innovative solutions.
- This is a pivotal time of growth and transformation for NPL. There could not be a more exciting time to join and gain exposure to a range of activities and initiatives including leading the Reward element of a new ERP implementation.
- Graduate and subject matter expert within Reward, Compensation and Benefits. Experience gained within intellectually demanding and high change/project environments. Exposure to unionised environments would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in all Reward and Compensation practices (job evaluation, pay negotiation implementation and pay structure creation, survey methodologies, relocation policy, pensions, flexible benefits, Total Reward etc). Proven Pensions expertise/knowledge will be a particular requirement.
- Experience of supporting the implementation of a new ERP system from a Reward perspective would be ideal experience.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills with excellent numerical aptitude and expert Excel skills.
- A key to success will be to have a highly collaborative and team orientated approach. Effective communication/interpersonal and presentation skills will be a given.
- Inspiring, dynamic and charismatic personality – able to forge relationships, truly understand business drivers and implement new initiatives, ways of working and modern thinking.
- Detail focussed, creative thinker, tenacious and practical. Able to simplify complexity.
In the first instance, please apply by email and forward your CV and current remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org Ref: Reward/0119 Decisions for Growth – HR Executive Search Specialists.
Contact Gail Medcalf Tel: 07759 987791