Position : People Manager
Salary : £65k plus great benefits
Location : Chelmsford
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a blue chip business and a highly respected financial services brand, currently evolving and moving through a period of change and transformation. The successful person will be joining a progressive, high performing HR team already firmly established at the ‘top table’ and with a stretching, exciting People Agenda.
The individual will be expected to bring proven experience and contemporary thinking to all aspects of the People Agenda including talent, transformational change and employee engagement. There is a significant OD focus with the opportunity to make an impact from the first day, with a team that is committed and focused on the medium and longer term goals for the Company.
The focus here is not on maintenance or ‘steady state’, and it will appeal to those wanting to make a lasting difference with new world solutions. The individual will need to be driven, ambitious and energised by a ‘stretch’ agenda. In return, the opportunities will be significant career wise.
Key Focus Areas
- The over-riding goal is to make a significant business partnering contribution that will ensure the Company is in the best position to capitalise on future opportunities.
- Shape and influence the strategic and tactical thinking at Executive level not only on all ‘people’ matters but also influence the wider business issues and priorities that extend beyond the pure People Agenda.
- Working closely in a coaching and guiding capacity with the business in order to maximise leadership capability across the business and to move towards genuine teamwork across every part of the Company.
- Develop existing talent to realise more of their potential whilst encouraging greater accountability and ownership for results. This will include promoting and embedding talent and succession planning initiatives.
- Contribute and build on employee engagement, presenting results of surveys, launching action groups and forums, as well as successfully delivering fair and commercially sound reward strategies.
Candidate Qualities & Experience
- Graduate and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Proven HR professional who has already operated successfully in large, complex, matrix organisations. Able to gain early credibility with business leaders.
- A track record in setting, delivering and above all embedding demanding change programmes.
- Comfortable with leading the breadth of the People Agenda with multiple stakeholders and differing priorities. An accomplished and instinctive influencer.
- Proven experience delivering across the talent/succession and learning agenda with a track record linking this to business outcomes.
- A confident team leader; able to operate across multiple sites.
- Highly determined and resilient with a clear focus and drive to succeed in the role, coupled with the ambition, intellectual horsepower and ability to progress to the next significant role within this fabulous organisation.
- Finally, a passion for customer service with a desire to always exceed expectations for the business and People function.
Please note that this is a confidential assignment and we won’t be able to provide further company information over the phone at an initial stage.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and current salary details to : firstname.lastname@example.org Ref : PM 03/19.
Decisions for Growth – HR Executive Search Specialists.