Position: HR Business Partner
Location: City of London
Hiscox is a global specialist insurer, headquartered in Bermuda. The Group as a whole employs in excess of 3,300 people across 14 countries which it supports through 33 offices. In 2018, the Group achieved a pre-tax profit in excess of $137 million; a 240% increase over the previous year.
Through its retail business in the UK, Europe, Asia and the US, the Company offers a range of specialist insurance for professionals and business customers as well as homeowners. Internationally traded, bigger ticket business and reinsurance is underwritten through Hiscox London Market and Hiscox Re and ILS.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join this highly respected insurance organisation, currently evolving and moving through a period of change and transformation. The successful person will be joining a progressive, high performing team already firmly established at the ‘top table’ and with a stretching, exciting HR Agenda. The Company has an inspiring set of values and organisational culture and it is firmly on its way to becoming the destination of choice to attract the best people.
This individual will be expected to bring proven experience and contemporary thinking to all aspects of HR, including talent, transformational change and employee engagement. There is a significant OD focus with the opportunity to make an impact from the first day, surrounded by a team that is committed to the medium and longer term goals of the Company.
The focus here is not on maintenance or ‘steady state’, and it will appeal to those wanting to make a lasting difference with workable solutions. The individual will need to be driven, ambitious and energised by a ‘stretch’ agenda. In return, the opportunities will be significant career wise.
Key Focus Areas
- The over-riding goal is to make a significant business partnering contribution that will ensure the Company is in the best position to capitalise on future opportunities.
- Design professional and commercial people solutions, relating to performance improvement plans, including support on managing absence, grievances and sickness concerns.
- Lead the delivery of the core HR processes to a high standard and on time. These will include Talent Management & Succession Planning, Employee Engagement, Salary and Bonus Reviews.
- Shape and influence thinking at senior levels on all ‘people’ matters but also influence the wider business issues and priorities that extend beyond pure HR.
- Work closely in a coaching and guiding capacity with the business in order to maximise leadership capability and to move towards genuine teamwork across every part of the Company.
- Develop existing talent to realise more of their potential whilst encouraging greater accountability and ownership for results. This will include promoting and embedding talent and succession planning initiatives.
- Contribute and build on employee engagement, presenting results of surveys, launching action groups and forums, as well as successfully delivering fair and commercially sound reward strategies.
Candidate Qualities & Experience
- Graduate and ideally CIPD qualified.
- Proven HR professional who has already operated successfully in large, customer centric, matrix organisations and worked alongside senior stakeholders.
- Proven experience delivering across the talent/succession and learning agenda with a track record in linking this to business outcomes.
- A track record in setting, delivering and above all embedding demanding change programmes.
- An accomplished and instinctive influencer.
- Highly determined and resilient with a clear focus and drive to succeed in the role, coupled with the ambition, intellectual horsepower and ability to progress to the next significant role within this fabulous organisation.
- Finally, a passion for customer service with a desire to always exceed expectations for the business and HR function.
To apply, please forward your CV and current salary details to : email@example.com Ref : HRBP/0120